Andrea’s Chocolate Quinoa Brownie Recipe!
I am excited to share this simple and delectable brownie recipe that uses cooked quinoa instead of flour! This soft, decadent recipe is also gluten free. If you don’t mention that the recipe uses quinoa your guests would never even know! 😉
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-34 minutes
½ cup rinsed quinoa
1 cup water
¾ cup sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup 1% milk
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine ½ cup quinoa and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until water has evaporated. Let stand 5 minutes and fluff with fork.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Spay 8 inch square metal cake with cooking spray.
3. Place quinoa, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla in a food processor. Process until smooth around 1 minute. Pour smooth brownie mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake in centre of the oven for 30-34 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when placed into centre.
5. Cool in pan on rack. Serve dusted with icing sugar and serve with fruit slice.