Cinnamon + Spice Sweet Potato Wedges
When I think of fall harvest, I think of root vegetables. One of the healthiest of which is the sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are a more nutritious choice than regular white potatoes. For example, sweet potatoes have 10 times more vitamin A (important for vision, skin and immune system) than regular white potatoes. So feel free to substitute your regular old white potatoes for moist and sweet, sweet potatoes instead.
Try these cinnamon and spice potato wedges as a healthy alternative to French fries. Learn more about the sweet potato’s sweet nutrition profile here.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
4 medium sized sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Scrub sweet potatoes and rinse under cool water. Remove the skins or leave them on for added fibre. Remember to cut out any bruised parts.
- Cut the sweet potato into wedges or fries, choosing the desired thickness. Keep in mind that thinner fries will cook faster and be crispier.
- Toss sweet potato into a large bowl with olive oil. Flavour with own desired spice combination.
- Bake in the oven on a lined cookie sheet for about 40 minutes, tossing sweet potatoes halfway though cooking. Cook until desired crunchiness.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley.