Creamy Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Soup
During the cold and flu season, I believe that there is nothing better than indulging in a hearty homemade soup! Especially when that soup is prepared by a loved one or frozen so that it is speedy to just heat up! This creamy sweet potato cauliflower soup is easy to make and filled with warm fall flavours. I chose to grate the sweet potato to give it a boost of beta carotene during the cold season and make the soup extra filling.
For other tips to keep well this season, check out five scientifically proven ways to boost immunity!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
3 cups of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
1 medium sweet potato, grated
2 stocks celery, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp oil or butter
750ml low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
¾ cup half-and-half cream
1 tsp thyme
½ tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
Garnish: Fresh parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, sweat onion and garlic in olive oil until transparent. I add a pinch of salt when cooking onions.
- Add celery, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and cook for a couple minutes until softened. Add tomatoes and heat for about 2 minutes until softened.
- Add thyme and paprika to vegetables.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock and bring contents to a boil.
- When soup is boiling, reduce temperature and allow soup to simmer until for about 15-30 minutes.
- Add cream and continue to heat until warmed. Taste for desired spices and blends.