Crunchy Parmesan Paprika Wedges
Who says you can’t have Crunchy Parmesan Paprika Potato Wedges as part of a healthy diet? Certainly not this dietitian! After all, potatoes are inherently healthy and unfairly get a bad reputation. For example, most do not realize a medium potato is loaded with 25% of your daily potassium; about double that of a banana. Potassium is a key electrolyte that relaxes arteries to help blood travel efficiently, preventing things like high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. Plus, we Canadians simply are not getting enough potassium in our diets. If you are interested in top food sources of potassium, beyond the banana, click here.
I love these crunchy potato wedges because they are simple and delicious. Like most of my recipes on Dietetic Directions, I like to use few ingredients. Be sure to utilize a hot oven to make a complete oven meal. Last night, I also made the 5 Ingredient Dijon Garlic Salmon and tossed in some kale chips.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
3 Russet Potatoes, with skin on
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp oregano
3 tbsp parmesan cheese, divided
salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Parsley garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash or scrub potatoes. Cut in half and then into wedges. I cut about 4 or 5 pieces from each half. Put potato wedges into a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, garlic, paprika, oregano and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese to potatoes. Toss to coat potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread seasoned potatoes on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes total, turning halfway through cooking and adding the remaining 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese.