D’Ambrosio Family Risotto Recipe!
This is a ‘tried and true’, delicious family recipe that you will love! Make sure you have a little extra TIME because risotto is a more ‘labour-intensive’ recipe, but well worth it. See more recipes for risotto here!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
4 cups of vegetable stock
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup of Arborio rice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tsp dried oregano
¼ cup sundried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
½ cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring 4 cups of vegetable stock to boil in a pan, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan then add rice and cook on low heat stirring constantly until rice grains are translucent and coated in oil (2-3 minutes)
3. Add garlic, onion, celery, peppers to the rice and stir for 3-4 minutes
4. Add oregano
5. Gradually add vegetable stock, ONE ladleful at a time.
6. Stir gradually and add another ladleful when the liquid becomes absorbed. Cook for 20 minutes, medium heat until all liquid is absorbed & creamy
7. Add sundried tomatoes 5 minutes before the end of cooking and season with pepper and salt
8. Remove risotto from heat and stir in half of the parmesan cheese
9. Transfer to serving plates, add remaining cheese and garnish with parsley