My Food Gratitude
Food is amazing! Truly it is; if it weren’t for food we wouldn’t be alive today. Yet food (in general) is often met with mixed feelings that are not always positive. Food is often categorized as either “bad” or “good” and food is often broken down to its chemical components like macro and micronutrients. Today, in honour of Thanksgiving, let’s take time to give food thanks! Let’s share our love for foods as not only something that nourishes our bodies but also a source of tremendous enjoyment.
My blog today was inspired by the “Book of Awesome” by Neil Pasricha. In this book he explores the little things in life that bring us pleasure and happiness. I was also inspired for this topic after seeing how gratitude challenges were popping up all over Facebook. I was asked by a friend to share my gratitude so here we go.
My top sources of Food Gratitude:
- I am grateful for sipping a hot cup of coffee in the morning and how it makes me smile with comfort.
- I am grateful for the wafting smell of cinnamon at my mom’s house when there is an apple pie baking in the oven.
- I am grateful for the first bite of a perfectly ripe peach and how the juices run down your cheek and you always need extra napkins.
- I am grateful for food that tastes so delicious that it makes you hum! Thanksgiving stuffing seasoned with thyme and rosemary comes to mind.
- I am grateful for wonderful people in my life to sit down and enjoy a meal together complete with laughter, reminiscing and story-telling.
Gratitude is one of the simplest ways to transform your life with positivity. Gratitude also follows the laws of attraction by moving more things into your life to be grateful for. So this Thanksgiving (and every other time of year) take time to acknowledge and express your blessings.
Gratitude is one of the simplest ways to transform your life with positivity. Click To Tweet
I would like to end with a quote by writer Gilbert Chesterton,
“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude”
If you would like to join the fight against hunger please donate to the Daily Bread Food Bank