Garlic Shrimp & Kale Risotto
If you have not made your own risotto, I recommend you give it a try! Risotto is one of my favourite dishes and it is not complicated to make but does require patience. This is a different spin on the D’Ambrosio family risotto. Feel free to let me know your risotto is enjoyed when you are hosting your next dinner party.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
4 cups of vegetable stock
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup of Arborio rice
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
½ cup white wine
2 cups shrimp (I purchased pre-cooked)
1 cup kale, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 tsp dried oregano
½ cup parmesan cheese
- Bring 4 cups of vegetable stock to boil in a pan, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat.
- Heat oil in a deep pan then add rice and cook on low heat stirring constantly until rice grains are translucent and coated in oil (2-3 minutes)
- Add garlic, onion, celery, peppers to the rice and stir for 3-4 minutes
- Add white wine to vegetables and rice.
- Add oregano.
- Gradually add vegetable stock, ONE ladleful at a time.
- Stir gradually and add another ladleful when the liquid becomes absorbed. Cook for 20 minutes, medium heat until all liquid is absorbed & creamy.
- Add shrimp and kale 5 minutes before the end of cooking and season and stir to combine ingredients.
- Remove risotto from heat and stir in half of the parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to serving plates, add remaining cheese and garnish with parsley.