Healthified Granola Recipe
With the holiday right around the corner here is a last minute ‘healthified granola recipe’. This is a ‘tried and true’ recipe that is made each and every Christmas. Enjoy!
3/4 cup sunflower seeds (unsalted, raw)
1 1/3 cup coconut (sweetened, shredded)
3 cups large flake oats
3/4 cup whole flax seeds
1 1/3 cups red wheat bran (do not include this if you want gluten free granola!)
3/4 cup unsalted, dry roasted pumpkin seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1 cup chopped dried banana chips
1. Combine all dry ingredients (except dried fruit) in a bowl, stir.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, combine canola oil, honey, molasses, vanilla and cinnamon. Microwave until warm and stir together.
3. Place dry ingredients on 2 large baking sheets, and pour liquid over the dry ingredients. Stir to get as much of the dry ingredients moist as possible. Add more molasses or honey if necessary. The mixture should be just slightly moist, not wet.
4. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, or until the granola has reached the crispness you desire.
5. Stir occasionally.
6. Once cooled, add dried fruit. Keep in an airtight container, and enjoy on yogurt, in cereal, or just by itself! Aside from the wheat bran, this recipe is gluten free.