Who doesn’t love bruschetta? It is a simple and crowd-pleasing appetizer that can be easily adapted by adding olives, cheese, onion and beans! The possibilities are truly endless. Today, I will be sharing a very simple (yet elegant) bruschetta recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 large fresh tomato
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp basil, dried
1/8 tsp oregano, dried
Sprinkle freshly ground pepper
Salt to taste
Fresh parsley for seasoning
- Place tomato in a small deep bowl or measuring cup. Pour boiling water over the tomato to cover. After l minute, remove from water and peel back skin from tomato.
- Cut the tomato into quarters and squeeze out the excess juice and seeds.
- Dice tomatoes into small pieces and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomato. Add dried herbs and garlic. Stir ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toast small pieces of bread, about ½ inch thick.
- Top toast with the bruschetta mix and garnish with parsley
Optional: Sprinkle bruschetta with grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese & place under broiler to melt cheese.