Mom’s Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
This recipe is one of my favourite grab-and-go options! These are perfect to make in bulk and then pop into the freezer for a snack or to use as part of a meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
4 mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup white sugar
¼ cup melted margarine
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
½ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas using a fork.
- Add sugar and slightly beaten egg.
- Add cooled, melted margarine.
- Add dry ingredients and stir only until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix gently until combined.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Use a toothpick to insert into muffin to check doneness; if toothpick comes out clean they’re ready.
If you loved these, be sure to also try the zucchini chocolate chip muffins as well!