Pomegranate Spinach Salad
Hard to believe we’re only one week from Christmas! If you are like me, you’re thoroughly enjoying the seasonal pomegranates and clementines and adding them to whatever you can. I took this classic Spinach Salad and gave it a festive twist by sprinkling ruby red pomegranates. They added the perfect burst of colour, tartness, crunch.
If you’re unsure what to bring to an upcoming holiday party or not sure what type of salad to serve, look no further than this Pomegranate Spinach Salad. It’s a crowd-pleaser and sure to spread some holiday cheer!
Prep time: 10-12 minutes
6 cups fresh spinach
3 hard boiled eggs, diced
1/2 cup of pomegranates
5 strips of bacon, diced (optional)
6 mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup canola oil
3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/8 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Clean spinach leaves thoroughly in cold water. Use salad spinner to remove excess water.
- To hard boil eggs: In a pot filled with cold water, place 3 eggs and bring water to boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain water and run cold water over eggs to cool. Peel when eggs are cooled.
- Dice bacon and cook in frying pan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once crisp, remove bacon from the pan, draining off the fat. Place on paper towels to cool.
- In a jar combine dressing ingredients and shake to mix. Use a spoon to taste the mix to ensure the ratio is to your liking.
- In a large bowl combine salad and toppings. Drizzle dressing over top to lightly coat leaves.
- Toss salad and enjoy!