Rapini on Whole Grain Spaghetti
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
1 bunch of rapini, trimmed stems
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 package whole grain pasta
1 clove garlic, sliced
fresh ground pepper to season
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Clean rapini and trim off the long stems. (I sliced the stems lengthwise so they cook in less time).
- Cook whole grain pasta in boiling, salted water according to package instructions.
- Cook rapini in boiling, salted water for 3-5 minutes or until rapini stems are tender to pierce with a fork.
- Drain rapini well.
- In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil on medium. Cook sliced garlic until lightly brown. Add cooked rapini to olive oil and garlic. Heat through for 2 minutes on low. Stir to coat the rapini with oil and garlic.
- Add rapini to cooked pasta.
- Top your rapini pasta with fresh ground pepper and red pepper flakes if you enjoy some spice!