Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan & Oregano
With the Fall season, there’s abundant fresh produce at Farmer’s Markets and local grocery stores! With so much seasonal food, it can be a challenge to know what to do with it. Look no further than my new favourite, Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan and Oregano. Roasting simply means to cook in an oven using dry heat. Roasting browns the surface of the food, which leads to new caramelized flavours and intensified aromas!
You can roast any vegetable and it changes the flavour so even picky eaters or non-veggie-loving people will find the taste savoury and appealing. If you don’t like a vegetable raw, try it roasted and see how it changes the taste completely. Be sure to add your roasted veggies to soups, sauces or quinoa/pasta salads for added dimension of flavour and taste. I recommend cutting cauliflower in advance for quick recipe assembly.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 30-45 minutes
1/2 head Cauliflower, chopped into pieces
1-2 tbsp Canola oil
1 tsp oregano
1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Roasted Cauliflower Instructions:
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Cut cauliflower into uniform pieces, keeping in mind that smaller pieces will cook faster. Clean and dry cauliflower.
- Toss cauliflower with canola oil to lightly coat. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the cauliflower evenly. Be careful not to over-crowd your baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower for 12-18 minutes. Turn them to prevent burning.
- When you turn the pieces halfway through cooking, sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return tray of cauliflower to the oven.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown with caramelization. You will know roasted cauliflower is done when it is a golden brown and can be pierced with a fork.
Ps. If you haven’t tried kale chips yet, you need to! They have become an entertaining staple for my family!