Thai Green Curry with Chicken
After an amazing trip to Southeast Asia, I am excited to share with you my own Thai Green Curry recipe. While in Thailand, I was exceptionally lucky to attend an authentic Thai cooking class instructed by the entertaining and talented Permpoon Nabnian. The recipe I am sharing today is a mix of Perm’s cooking tips, what was available in my own pantry as well as online recipe pointers. The finished product is a spicy treat that makes great leftovers as well! Check out my other chicken recipes here!
Thai Green Curry with Chicken Recipe:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 can (390mL) coconut milk
2 Tbsp green curry paste
Clove of garlic, minced (1)
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
Small red pepper, sliced into strips (1)
1 cup snow peas, trim ends off
½ tsp fish sauce or soya sauce
¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
½ tbsp white sugar
salt and pepper to taste
canola oil for cooking
Kaffir lime leaf (optional)
Cilantro and lime zest garnish
1. Heat up a large stir-fry wok on medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of canola oil. Toss chicken into the skillet and cook chicken until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
2. Reduce heat to medium and pour coconut milk into skillet. Heat coconut milk for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add curry paste and continue to stir together with coconut milk. You will enjoy the aroma of the curry at this time!
4. Add the garlic, and ginger; cook an additional 2 minutes.
5. Add raw veggies– snow peas, raw red pepper strips. If you have a Kaffir lime leaf add it at this time. Cook for 5-10 minutes until vegetables brighten in colour and become tender.
6. Add cooked chicken to vegetable mixture to absorb flavours.
7. Add fish sauce or soya sauce and sugar to mixture and stir.
8. Stir to combine ingredients and allow to simmer on medium heat for another 15-20 minutes to allow the flavours to absorb. 9. Serve the green curry with basmati rice and garnish with cilantro leaves and a lime wedge.