Oven Baked Zucchini Fries
Are you getting enough veggies? Making them irresistibly delicious is the perfect way to get enthused about increasing your intake. These zucchini fries can be used as an appetizer or as a lunch or dinner side dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
1 large zucchini, cut into strips
1 large egg + 1 Tbsp water
4 Tbsp parmesan cheese
½ cup breadcrumbs
pinch of salt, pepper, oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat an egg in a bowl and add 1 Tbsp water; this will be used for dipping zucchini. Add little salt and pepper to egg mixture if desired.
- Add pinch of salt and oregano, fresh ground pepper and parmesan cheese into the breadcrumbs. Place breadcrumbs on a flat plate.
- Dip zucchini strips first in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Lay coated zucchini onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes and flip over to prevent burning. Continue baking for another 8-10 minutes until crispy.