Lemon Ginger Red Lentil Soup
This is one of my all time favourite soup recipes! It is so hearty that it can be consumed as a meal or in a smaller portion as a starter. Be sure to taste it before serving in case it needs some more lemon juice or ginger to taste.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
1 ½ L of chicken or vegetable broth (ready made or homemade)
1 cup red lentils (dried)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup green beans, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Sweat onion and garlic in olive oil until transparent.
2. Add green beans, red pepper and cook for a couple minutes until softened. Add mushrooms and heat for about 2 minutes until softened.
3. Add lemon juice to vegetables.
4. Add vegetable stock, lentils and ginger to pot.
5. Simmer until the lentils are cooked fully (about 30-40 minutes)
Enjoy and season with fresh cilantro if desired~