This is a true crowd-pleasing recipe that uses simple ingredients. Feel free to add your own spices like fresh basil or oregano according to your tastes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
1 medium eggplant, remove skin and slice into ½ inch slices
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp canola oil
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup meatless tomato sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Wash and peel eggplant; cut crosswise into ½” slices.
- Dip eggplant into egg and then flour; turning to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, cook eggplant half at a time for 4-6 minutes. Turning once to cook each side.
- When eggplant is cooked put onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer in pan (9”X13”).
- Sprinkle eggplant first with parmesan cheese.
- Top eggplant slices with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.