Maple, Apple & Cranberry Kale Salad
Fresh kale makes a delicious salad to add to your meal! In this recipe, I combine a sweet dressing with crunchy ingredients to achieve the right blend of sweet and bitter.
Prep time: 15 minutes
4 cups fresh kale, chopped
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
Red delicious apple, unpeeled and chopped
¼ cup slivered unsalted almonds, toasted
¼ cup craisins
salt and pepper to taste
- Trim tough kale stems ends and tough centre stems. Discard any discoloured leaves. Chop into bite size pieces.
- Wash kale leaves thoroughly and dry.
- Combine maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and whisk thoroughly to combine ingredients.
- Chop apple and put into vinegar dressing to prevent oxidation.
- Fill a large salad bowl with kale leaves, add craisins.
- Toast unsalted almonds in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Toss toasted almonds on top of kale greens.
- Pour dressing and apples on top of kale and toss to evenly coat with dressing.