Oat Bran, Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
I am pleased to share this simple and delicious pancake recipe:Oat Bran, Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes! -That is a higher fibre alternative to your standard pancake recipe. I used oat bran, dry oatmeal and bananas for the batter and added chocolate chips for some extra sweetness. These pancakes turned out amazingly well, very moist and soft inside.
This recipe has been adapted from a similar recipe from the wonderful AllRecipes.ca.
Oat Bran, Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 cup oat bran cereal, uncooked
¼ cup dry oats, uncooked
¼ cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup chocolate chips
2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 cup 1% milk
1 large egg
Fresh strawberries, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries. Pure maple syrup is my favourite!
1. In a large bowl, combine oat bran, oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. Mash two large, ripe bananas in a separate bowl. Add egg, milk to the banana mixture and blend together until combined.
3. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is mixed together. Add chocolate chips into batter and stir.
4. Let pancake batter sit for 10 minutes to allow the oat bran to thicken before putting on the griddle.
5. Heat griddle or large skillet to medium heat. Spray cooking surface with a non-stick spray.
6. Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle and flip once when golden brown to cook the other side.