Saucy Sriracha & Honey Drumsticks
Who doesn’t love a good sauce? It makes all the difference when cooking chicken since this protein can take on so many different flavours. This Saucy Sriracha & Honey Drumsticks recipe is spicy and saucy! It’s also fantastic for batch cooking to eat on busy nights or to freeze for later. You can also adjust the amount of srichacha sauce and spiciness to your preference!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
10 chicken drumsticks, with skin on
Kosher salt and pepper
3 tbsp corn starch
drizzle olive oil
Sriracha & Honey Sauce
¼ cup sriracha (use less if prefer less spicy)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
½ lime, squeezed
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
Optional: Pinch of red pepper flakes (extra spicy)
Directions for Saucy Sriracha & Honey Drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cookie sheet or cooling rack on top of the baking sheet so chicken is raised from drippings.
- In a large bowl add corn starch and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the corn starch and toss gently to coat. Place corn starch-coated chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken for 50-60 minutes until surface is crispy. Turn once halfway through cooking and drizzle with oil to make a little extra crispy.
- While chicken is in the oven, combine sauce ingredients and heat in a small sauce pan on low heat for about five minutes. Check the level of spice to adjust to your preference.
- When the chicken is cooked, brush the outside with the sauce. Turn the chicken to coat the entire piece. Do this for all the chicken drumsticks and set aside.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over-top for a saucy finish.