Balsamic & Feta Roasted Winter Veggies
Do you prefer sweet or savoury meals? Why not both, together! A couple weeks ago, I contributed these Balsamic & Feta Roasted Winter Veggies to our Sunday family meal. They were a huge hit! I was thrilled and immediately shared the photo on my Instagram. The response was amazing. People loved the flavour combination and were requesting the recipe. Because you asked, I answered! Hope you enjoy this delicious recipe!
I am obsessed with this meal because it’s a versatile recipe, using minimal ingredients and the veggies can be cut in advance to have a quick meal assembly. The flavour combination is a nice mix. Roasting veggies is the perfect way to bring out the sweetness by caramelizing the sugars. Adding a punch of saltiness with the feta cheese brings a beautiful balance of flavours. Sunflower seeds were just a cool touch to add extra crunch.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
3 large carrots, peeled and cut into coins
4 parsnips, peeled and cut into coins
5 beets, peeled and sliced into chunks
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp thyme (dry)
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbsp sunflower seeds, roasted and unsalted
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Balsamic & Feta Roasted Winter Veggies:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Cut and clean veggies and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Coat veggies with olive oil; add fresh garlic, thyme, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss vegetables to coat with oil and spices.
- Place veggies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread evenly.
- Roast your seasoned vegetables in the oven for 40-50 minutes; turning once halfway through cooking.
- Remove roasted veggies and place on a serving platter. Add crumbled feta cheese and sprinkle of roasted sunflower seeds.
Optional Garnish: Drizzle with Balsamic glaze (thick balsamic vinegar) and fresh parsley.