Sheet Pan Thyme Sweet Potatoes + Chicken
Happy first day of Fall! Who doesn’t love fall flavours and oven meals? Today, I will be featuring a sheet pan dinner! This is an awesome way of making meals simple. Two steps: Put everything on one (or two) baking sheets and into the oven. Dinner is ready in no time and with minimal cleanup!
If possible, I recommend prepping ingredients in advance by chopping up veggies and putting them in plastic or glass containers. This way you can come home, toss veggies with oil and thyme and into the oven. Marinating chicken can also be done in advance, letting it sit overnight to intensify those flavours.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
4 Chicken thighs (with skin)
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups of cauliflower, chopped into large pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp thyme
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey together. If you have the time, place chicken thighs in a large plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Allow chicken to marinate for 30-60 minutes or overnight. If you don’t have the time, allow it to sit for however long you can. Marinating overnight (in the fridge) helps tenderize and flavour the chicken. Tip: Plan your meals in advance so that you have this step done.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper with cauliflower.
- In a separate (or could be same bowl above), toss olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper with the cubed sweet potatoes.
- Spread veggies and chicken evenly on the baking sheet(s).
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping the veggies halfway through to allow for even cooking.
- Enjoy your sheet pan dinner!