Looking to dazzle your guests this holiday season in a simply elegant dish? This D’Ambrosio family caprese salad is an easy, fresh and flavourful dish that is great as an appetizer or as a vegetable side dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 cup bocconcini, sliced
Drizzle with olive oil on top
Sprinkle aged balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
6-10 fresh basil leaves
Season with fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Clean tomatoes and slice to desired thickness.
- Arrange tomato slices alternating with bocconcini cheese on plate.
- Top with basil leaves for garnish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Usually I use a ratio of twice as much olive oil to acid.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste