Crunchy Garlic & Parmesan Asparagus
Roasting is a simple way to cook extremely flavourful veggies! In my last blog, I explored the numerous nutrition benefits to having your veggies roasted opposed to raw or boiled. This recipe was put together in a matter of minutes when a friend was visiting for dinner. We wanted to roast asparagus, instead of steaming them, to enjoy extra flavour along with an exceptional crunch. They turned out so well! Hope you enjoy the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
15-20 asparagus spears, snap the ends off
Drizzle with olive oil, about 1-2 Tbsp
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
Sprinkle fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Wash asparagus spears in cold water and snap off ends. Dry asparagus and set into a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper into the mixing bowl with asparagus.
- Toss ingredients to coat the asparagus spears.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the coated asparagus spears.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking.