Candied Salmon, Chia & Goat Cheese Salad
When the weather warms and the sun shines, many people start to crave more fresh (and flavourful) salads! After all, nobody likes a boring salad. Therefore, I chose to add candied salmon as the protein focus. In case you are unfamiliar, candied salmon is smoked salmon with maple syrup or brown sugar coating on it. It adds a sweet and salty component to meals along with the omega-3’s.
This Candied Salmon salad has flavourful add-ons including: goat cheese and chia seeds and sunflower seeds for crunch. I also used my standard, super simplest dressing. Spinach was used as the base because it’s in season and I love the versatility to eat it raw in salads or cook with it (see my Veggie-Loaded Gnocchi recipe for inspiration).
Andrea’s Tips to Build a Scrumptious Salad:
• Add fresh herbs to salad greens (used Italian parsley).
• Dressing Tip: I use a 2:1 ratio of oil to acid. So 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
• Toss salad greens with dressing so they look glossy but not drenched.
• Combine textures with crunch, sweet and savoury! Seeds, candied salmon and cheese 👌
Prep Time: 10 minutes
4 cups fresh Spinach
1 cup of Italian parsley, chopped
4 pieces of candied salmon, cut in small pieces
1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp chia seeds
¼ cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Optional: Balsamic glaze for additional visual appeal
Directions for Candied Salmon Chia & Goat Cheese Salad:
- Place spinach and Italian parsley into large salad bowl.
- Add candied salmon, goat cheese, chia and sunflower seeds on top of salad greens.
- Drizzle greens and toppings with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Toss to combine. Add additional dressing to suit your palate.
Now it’s your turn! Does your eating change in the spring? What are your favourite salads that steal the show?
Related Post: How to Build Scrumptious Summer Salads