The Mighty Mango Salad
Mangoes are one of the “10 best foods” according to the Centre for the Science of the Public interest. One cup of mango supplies you with 100% of a day’s worth of vitamin C, one-third of a day’s worth of vitamin A, a good amount of blood pressure lowering potassium and 3 grams of fibre. Enjoy mangoes alone or served as part of a salad or entrée.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 mango, sliced into chunks
1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup black beans, canned and rinsed
1 coloured pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp raisins
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, unsalted
1 lime, squeeze all juice out
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a small pot cook quinoa according to package instructions. Generally quinoa is cooked with 2 parts of water. So 1/3 cup quinoa has 2/3 cup of water.
- In a large bowl combine sliced mango, black beans, quinoa, peppers, raisins and sunflower seeds.
- Squeeze lime juice over salad ingredients. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add cilantro and mix to combine ingredients.
- Serve with cilantro garnish on top and side of lime.
YUM! ENJOY 🙂