Back to School Bean Salad!
It’s almost back to school time and I know school lunches are top of mind. What can you make for you and your child that’s quick, delicious and nutritious? Look no further than a simple back to school bean salad with feta cheese! This lunch is easy to make and is perfect for child helpers. I recommend assembling the evening before so flavours have a chance to marinade and to avoid the morning rush.
Prep time: 20 minutes
1 can (540mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can (540mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 coloured pepper, chopped
½ cucumber, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup feta cheese, chopped into cubes
¼ cup fresh parsley
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
¼ tsp oregano
- In a large bowl combine can of rinsed and drained chickpeas and black beans.
- Add fresh cut veggies to the bean mixture.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and oregano.
- Add feta cheese and parsley to beans and veggies.
- Toss to combine all ingredients.
Enjoy this fibre and protein-packed meal that’s sure to keep you feeling full!