Zesty Avocado Toast with Eggs
Absolutely LOVE this Zesty Avocado Toast with Eggs for breakfast. It really is the most important meal of the day. Find it starts the day off right and wards off that infamous mid-morning “hangry” feeling. In honour of Heart Month, I featured this recipe in the Easy (& filling) Breakfasts blog. It is something that can be enjoyed on a relaxed weekend or as a “make-ahead” option for the busy work week ahead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time ~ 10 minutes to hard-cook eggs (see Hard-Cooked Eggs to Perfection)
High-Fibre bread, toasted (TIP: Look for 4-5 grams of fibre per slice)
1 cup of arugula
1 avocado, smashed
½ lime, juiced
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
Garnish: Balsamic glaze and fresh parsley
Zesty Avocado Toast with Eggs Directions
- Hard-cook a batch of eggs. I shared a recipe on Hard-Cooked Eggs to Perfection! I love the yolks velvety. Remember they keep in the fridge for 7 days.
- Smash an avocado and add lime juice and cherry tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread and spread avocado mix on top.
- Sprinkle arugula over avocado spread.
- Slice hard-cooked eggs and place on top.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze; add salt and pepper.
Now it’s your turn! What do you love to eat for breakfast? Do you have a favourite way of enjoying avocado toast? Do you opt for “make-ahead” breakfasts to make the rushed mornings a little easier?