Simple Roasted Broccolini with Lemon
Have you tried broccolini yet? It’s probably my new favourite veggie. A cross between broccoli and Chinese Kale, it has a sweeter taste than broccoli. The stalks are thin and delicate. As an added bonus, you also receive 105% of your daily vitamin C in one serving.
I’m a big fan of roasting veggies (see my past blog all on how to roast veggies). Roasting simply means to cook in an oven using dry heat. Roasting browns the surface of the food, which leads to new caramelized flavours and intensified aromas!
Be sure to try a squeeze of lemon at the end for an added pop of zesty flavour.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 18-25 minutes
1 bunch broccolini, chopped into pieces
1-2 tbsp Canola oil
Sprinkle of salt
Squeeze lemon on top
Roasted Broccolini Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Remove little leaves from broccolini. Clean and dry.
- Toss broccolini with canola oil to lightly coat. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the broccolini evenly. Be careful not to over-crowd your baking sheet.
- Roast broccolini for 18-25 minutes. Turn them halfway during cooking to prevent burning.
- When you turn the pieces halfway through cooking, sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return tray of broccolini to the oven.
- Cook until golden brown with caramelization. You will know roasted broccolini is done when it is a golden brown and can be pierced with a fork.
Let us know what you think of broccolini!! 🙂