Simple Greek Pasta Salad
Are you bored of the same old lunch? If you are looking for a way to add variety to your family’s lunchbox, why not try this simple Greek Pasta Salad! I love this recipe for lunch because it can be prepared ahead of time and the flavours intensify the next day making it a mouth-watering addition.
Prep time: 10-12 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 package of whole grain, tri coloured or gluten free pasta
½ cup of black olives, sliced or whole
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup red or green peppers, sliced
1 cup cucumber, diced
¼ cup of feta cheese, cubed
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp of red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
Optional: ¼ cup red onion, chopped
Garnish: ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions usually for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer drained and cooked pasta into a large container with a seal. Allow pasta to cool before adding veggies.
- When pasta is cooled, add black olives, tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, feta cheese and dressing (olive oil and red wine vinegar).
- Add dried oregano and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.