Simply Spinach Salad
Who doesn’t love a good spinach salad? I appreciate the firmer texture of the spinach leaves and enjoy how the eggs, mushrooms and yes even bacon all come together to make a delicious salad. Another reason to enjoy this salad, spinach has an outstanding nutritional profile! It is rich in vitamin A, C, and K, folate, calcium, magnesium, iron along with fibre and antioxidants like lutein.
Prep time: 10-12 minutes
6 cups fresh spinach
3 hard boiled eggs, diced
5 strips of bacon, diced (optional)
6 mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup canola oil
3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/8 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Clean spinach leaves thoroughly in cold water. Use salad spinner to remove excess water.
- To hard boil eggs: In a pot filled with cold water, place 3 eggs and bring water to boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain water and run cold water over eggs to cool. Peel when eggs are cooled.
- Dice bacon and cook in frying pan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once crisp, remove bacon from the pan, draining off the fat. Place on paper towels to cool.
- In a jar combine dressing ingredients and shake to mix. Use a spoon to taste the mix to ensure the ratio is to your liking.
- In a large bowl combine salad and ingredients and drizzle dressing over top to lightly coat leaves.
- Toss salad and enjoy!