Italian-Style Salmon Wraps
I’m an enormous fan of delectable food made with simple ingredients. This is also the way I grew up in my Italian-Canadian family. Additionally, I quickly discovered ample meals can be made using olive oil, red wine vinegar and parsley. Here are some of my favourites from the Dietetic Directions blog: Italian-style Romano Beans, Caprese Salad and Hard-Cooked Eggs with chives or parsley.
Today’s Italian-Style Salmon Wraps recipe is a quick and easy back-to-school or work lunch that can be prepared in advance or in a hurry. It’s also a great option for a fast and filling weekend lunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Canned salmon (213 grams)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp sunflower seeds, unsalted
1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp red onion, chopped (Optional)
2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
¼ tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Balsamic glaze for garnish
Serve with whole grain pita bread or tortilla, bread, baguette or crackers. Substitute gluten free alternatives for a Low FODMAP or Celiac alternative.
Directions Italian-Style Salmon Wraps:
- In a medium sized bowl, add drained canned salmon fillet. Remove the skin and large bones.
- Using a spoon, smash the salmon fillet to break into small pieces.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar and sunflower seeds. Stir to combine ingredients. (Salt and pepper can be added to taste).
- Combine chopped onions, fresh diced tomatoes, fresh Italian parsley and oregano. Mix gently with salmon salad.
- Top your whole grain wrap/pita/bread/crackers with your Italian-Style Salmon Salad.